Per Governor Evers’ Executive Order 82, declaring a public health emergency, and corresponding Emergency Order 1 requiring face coverings in the state of Wisconsin, the YMCA of Northern Rock County will begin requiring face coverings for individuals inside our facilities beginning Saturday, August 1.
The YMCA of Northern Rock County is requiring face coverings for everyone inside our facilities except:
- Children under the age of 5
- Individuals who have trouble breathing, especially during accelerated physical exertion activities
- Those with medical conditions that prevent wearing of a face covering
- Those who have mental health conditions, sensory sensitivities or developmental disabilities
- While swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
- On-Duty Lifeguards
- While eating or drinking
We understand that some people will not be wearing a mask in the facility due to some of the exemptions in the executive order and/or underlying conditions and we will respect the privacy of our members by not questioning them.
- Masks will be required while indoors in our youth programs for all participants ages 5 and older.
- Our instructors, teachers and coaches will help children know when it is okay to remove their masks during appropriate activities.
- Preschool and Child Watch participants 3 and older are also required.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation in keeping our communities safe and healthy.
To review a list of FAQ's issued from the State of Wisconsin, please click here.